Our Mission & Vision is . . .
. . . fostering appreciation and understanding of horticulture, design and the environment by providing opportunities for learning and sharing because we value teamwork, creativity, friendship, community involvement and education.
- Naples Garden Club general meetings are diverse. Horticulture, floral design and environmental topics are covered by nationally and internationally-known speakers and Naples experts who share exciting new points of view. These meetings are open to the public and guests are welcome.
- At least five horticulture workshops are held each year. At each workshop, a member or visiting horticulturist gives a short lecture or tour. Each month, several floral design workshops are held at the Garden Club office. Instruction is given in applying the principles and elements of design as stated in the National Garden Club’s Handbook. Workshops are open to members only.
Our accredited flower show judges participate in the Florida Judges Council, flower show schools and symposiums and judge numerous shows each year.
The Reading Room Library, located in the activity center and office, includes books pertaining to horticulture, landscaping, flower design and the environment. The Reading Room is open to the public but books may not be removed.
- Naples Garden Club is a member of National Garden Clubs, Inc. and the Florida Federation of Garden Clubs.
- Since 1955, the Naples Garden Club has conducted a House and Garden Tour of outstanding homes and gardens in Naples. Each home is decorated with members’ flower arrangements. This is the major fundraising project; the funds are used for civic beautification and improvement grants and the Naples Garden Club Endowment. The endowment annually awards financial assistance to selected students who conduct research in plant sciences at the Florida Gulf Coast University / Naples Botanical Garden Kapnick Education and Research Center.
- The Naples Flower Show is a joint venture between the Naples Garden Club and the Naples Botanical Garden and welcomes thousands of visitors each year.
- The Naples Garden Club Idea Garden at the Naples Botanical Garden opened in November 2010. It showcases creative gardening ideas for Florida gardeners