Flower Show is just around the corner . . . March 23 & 24 to be exact.
Here are some important updates from the FS Committee:
Hort Hot Topics
- Be sure to check your schedule map (page 26) to follow directions for drop-off. Container plants and cut horticulture will be accepted between 11 AM – 2 PM on Wednesday, March 21. This is a NEW TIME. Members’ Challenge drop off is outside Kapnick Hall. Cut horticulture (only) will be accepted from 8 – 10:30 AM on Thursday, March 22.
- Key Cards or Diagrams identifying each specimen are required for Section O, Q, R and U entries. This can be on an index card paperclipped to the entry card. This would include Combination Plantings, Collections, Displays and Member Challenge.
- Remember to use a pencil with botanical genus name capitalized and use small letters for next word and underlined.
- All NGC members are encouraged to enter the Horticulture Division.
- Member Challenge will be placed against a wall, so entries will not be seen from the back.
- “Local Gardener” brochure is available to nonmembers who would like to participate in our Horticulture Division.
- Use this link to access a list of resources to help you identify your submissions.
Details on Floral Design
Designs will be accepted and approved from 11 AM – 2 PM on Wednesday, March 21 and from 8 – 10:30 AM on Thursday, March 22.
Entries should be dropped off directly to the tent in the Botanical Arts section.
Naples Garden Club members and their guests will have an opportunity to celebrate Naples Flower Show at the Preview Party from 6 – 8 PM on March 22. Held outside, on the patio, between the Chabraja-Kapnick Hall and the Fogg Cafe, it is sure to be a fun-filled evening. Hot and cold appetizers will be served. “Naples Style” cocktail attire is the dress code. Cost is $45 per person. Drink tickets, available at the event, will be $8 each. You can register through the NGC Events Calendar.