1. H> Tickets Go on Sale for Members on December 1, 2013
Naples Garden Club’s extraordinary House and Garden Tour is coming on Saturday, February 1, 2014 and tickets will go on sale for members on December 1, 2013. Look for the email blast on December 1.
We are counting on you to work at the event, but please take this opportunity to purchase tickets on line for friends or family, as tickets sell out quickly. If you are planning to purchase tickets for friends who would like to come together, we recommend that you purchase tickets all at once, requesting the same bus time.
Our exciting 2014 Tour will begin and end at the Welcome Center Hospitality Plaza located at the Naples Botanical Garden, 4820 Bayshore Drive, Naples, FL 34112. On tour day only, your brochure will include complimentary entry to the Garden and a 10% discount in the gift shop.
General admission tickets cost $100 ($65 tax deductible). Patron tickets cost $175 ($110 tax deductible). Patrons will have first choice of departure times in 2014. As a Patron, your name is published in the event brochure, on Naples Garden Club website, on the Power Presentation and on a sign at the Welcome Center Hospitality Plaza. Read More.
The Naples Garden Club Endowment annually awards financial assistance to selected students who conduct research in plant sciences at the FGCU/NBG Kapnick Education and Research Center. This endowed fellowship continues the Garden Club’s decades long practice of awarding scholarships to benefit the community. The Idea garden at Naples Botanical Garden, funded by Naples Garden Club in 2010, opens eyes to new ways of enjoying sustainable gardening techniques in Southwest Florida. Money raised from this event in 2013 is continuing to fund the NGC Endowed Fellowship and community project grants to Grace Place for Children and Families, Conservancy of Southwest Florida and Naples Botanical Garden.
2. House & Garden Preview Tour For NGC Members Only
NEW THIS YEAR– REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE FOR THE PREVIEW TOUR. Maximum participants: 76. SIGN UP NOW
A Preview Tour of the homes on the 2014 House & Garden Tour will be held on January 31, 2014 for NGC members only. Any member who is working on Saturday and will not have an opportunity to see the houses is encouraged to register for the tour. PLEASE NOTE: BUS HOSTESSES DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE. THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ASSIGNED A SEAT.
Two buses leaving at 12:30 and 1 PM will transport the members to each home. The tour lasts until 4 PM. Sign up will also be available at the December and January meetings.
Things to know to be prepared for the tour :
- Please wear flat, comfortable shoes. There are many stairs to climb at each home. Bring an umbrella if it rains.
- Everyone must ride the bus. You may not drive to the homes.
- Raffle tickets are on sale before the buses leave starting at 12 Noon at the Welcome Center Hospitality Plaza. Be sure to buy your tickets before boarding the bus.
- You will be assigned to your bus. There is only a 30 minute time period between buses. You will receive a e-mail confirmation the week of the tour.
- If you would like to sit with a friend please register together.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOS. Photos of the floral designs will be on the web site after the tour.
- The homeowners may be present for this tour. Be sure to thank them for graciously opening up their home to us.
- REGISTER EARLY. THERE IS LIMITED SEATING. IF THE BUSES FILL UP, THERE WILL BE A WAIT LIST.
- You will receive instructions regarding the wait list. We have always filled every seat.
- If you need to cancel please notify Pat Frey, Preview Bus Chair ASAP so your seat can be assigned to someone else.
3. We Need House & Garden Tour Volunteers
Have you volunteered yet for the H>? There are jobs still to be filled for the H> on February 1, 2014. Included below are the various volunteer opportunities and the contact for the Chairpersons should you wish to volunteer or have any questions. All Chairs will be available on December 2nd at the general meeting for sign-up.
Tote Bags: Katie Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
House Hostess – Diane Frisicaro & Deidre Benson -Chairs. Greet and monitor visitors as they pass through the homes. Morning or afternoon commitment.
Hospitality – Sharon Fiedler, Martine Amundson & Sudie Minamyer –Chairs. Prep, set-up, clean up and serve food to visitors in Welcome Center Hospitality Plaza. Setup and decorate the Hospitality area. Thursday, Friday or Saturday commitment—several shifts.
Tote bags – Katie Ryan, Chair. Stuff gift bags for the visitors. Thursday –January 30, 2013 at the NBG Class room # 124. Time commitment -1-2 hours in the AM.
Raffle -Bette Aymar & Dottie Myers – Chairs. Setup raffle tables Friday and Saturday, sell tickets at the Preview Bus Tour and the day of the HGT. Time commitment to be decided by chairs.
The members of the House and Garden Tour Committee and I want to thank you for your help in making our event on February 1 another exciting and inspiring House & Garden Tour.