giving back to the community
Every year, Naples Garden Club™ gives tens of thousands of dollars back to the community to support projects that support Naples Garden Club™ mission and benefit and/or educate the greater Naples area.
Naples Garden Club™ Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Naples Garden Club™. For over sixty years NGC has held a House and Garden Tour™ to raise money to support the Club’s mission and to make a measurable impact on the greater Naples’ community. In 2023 we will be focused on the urgency of an informed environmental stewardship of our water resources. The Grants Program for just this year will look forward to receiving water applications focused on addressing some facet of water issues.
Starting Monday, November 14, 2022 applications will be accepted for the 2023 Grant Period. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on January 13, 2023 and will be awarded during April, 2023. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Naples Garden Club™ grant?
- Directed by Naples Garden Club™ Grant Committee and Board of Directors
- Awarded once a year in April to non-profit (501(c)(3)) organizations
- Allocated for needs between $2,500 to $10,000
- Subject to five- and nine-month review by the Grant Committee
What Projects Qualify?
- Support Naples Garden Club’s™ horticultural and environmental focus on a water-wise component for consideration
- Benefit and/or educate Greater Naples in this area
- Have use for funds for the stated purpose within calendar year of receipt (Extensions may be granted for special circumstances. Requests must be submitted in writing and approved in advance of year-end deadline.)
- Be submitted electronically (attachment to e-mail)
- Be submitted on or before January 13, at 5 p.m.
How Will Projects Be Evaluated?
- Will be reviewed based on the requesting organization’s perceived ability to achieve
- stated project goals and measured results.
- Recipients will agree to provide five- and nine-month project updates in August and December of the grant year, and to return any funds not spent as specified in the grant application.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that include at least one of the following criteria:
- Create innovative programs
- Include matching gifts, collaborations or additional funding
- Include measurable outcomes
What exclusions are there?
- Support political, sectarian or religious programs
- Support endowments or annual fundraising campaigns
- Cover existing obligations, continuing operating support, debt, liabilities or administrative salaries
- Entail continued funding of previous requests
- Require funding before the annual allocation date
- Are for projects that serve only a few people
- Are submitted after the stated deadline
2017 NGC Grants Awarded
On April 3, 2017, eight organizations received grants from Naples Garden Club. Sandy Lasch, Naples Garden Club President, made the check presentations. She noted that NGC “is pleased to support the efforts of these diverse organizations. The projects we fund support...
Naples Garden Club House Tour Results in Significant Grants
Naples Garden Club awarded $93,000 in grants and scholarships at its April 2016 meeting. The Club raises funds from its annual House & Garden Tour fundraising event, which is conducted each February. 2016 grants included: $5,000 to Friends of Foster Care to fund...
News from Naples Garden Club Grant Recipients
David Lawrence Center’s new garden offers quiet place for reflection-reprinted from Naples Daily News, September 17, 2015 Serene moments alone in a garden can go a long way toward helping people continue on a path to recovery from substance abuse or treatment for...