giving back to the community
Every year, Naples Garden Club gives tens of thousands of dollars back to the community to support projects that support Naples Garden Club mission and benefit and/or educate the greater Naples area.
Naples Garden Club Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Naples Garden Club. For over sixty years Naples Garden Club has conducted a House and Garden Tour to raise money to support the Club’s mission and make a measurable impact on the greater Naples’ community.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2021 Grant Period. Already sent in a grant application and have questions? Please email email@example.com. Grants will be awarded in April.
What is a Naples Garden Club grant?
- Directed by Naples Garden Club Grant Committee and Board of Directors
- Awarded once a year in April to non-profit (501(c)(3)) organizations
- Allocated for needs between $2,500 and $15,000
- Subject to six- and 12-month review by the Grant Committee
What Projects Qualify?
- Support Naples Garden Club mission and
- Benefit and/or educate the greater Naples area
- Have use for funds for the stated purpose within 12 months of receipt (Extensions may be granted for special circumstances. Requests must be submitted in writing and approved in advance of year-end deadline.)
- Be submitted electronically (attachment to e-mail)
- Be submitted on or before January 15, at 5 p.m.
How Will Projects Be Evaluated?
- Will be reviewed based on the requesting organization’s perceived ability to achieve
- stated project goals and measured results.
- Recipients will agree to provide six- and 12-month project updates in October and March, and to return any funds not spent as specified in the grant application.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that include at least one of the following criteria:
- Create innovative programs
- Include matching gifts, collaborations or additional funding
- Include measurable outcomes
What exclusions are there?
- Support political, sectarian or religious programs
- Support endowments or annual fundraising campaigns
- Cover existing obligations, continuing operating support, debt, liabilities or administrative salaries
- Entail continued funding of previous requests
- Require funding before the annual allocation date
- Are for projects that serve only a few people
- Are submitted after the stated deadline
David Lawrence Center’s new garden offers quiet place for reflection-reprinted from Naples Daily News, September 17, 2015 Serene moments alone in a garden can go a long way toward helping people continue on a path to recovery from substance abuse or treatment for...
The 2015 Grant Committee proudly awarded grants totaling $46,000 to six non-profit organizations at the April 6th Membership Meeting. The following grants, made possible by everyone who supported our 2014 House & Garden Tour, will fund projects that support our...
Naples Garden Club is a nonprofit community-oriented charitable and educational organization fostering appreciation of floral design, horticulture and the environment. The Club has a more than 60-year tradition of producing sold-out House & Garden Tours while...