giving back to the community
Every year, Naples Garden Club™ gives tens of thousands of dollars back to the community to support projects that support Naples Garden Club™ mission and benefit and/or educate the greater Naples area.
Naples Garden Club™ Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Naples Garden Club™. For over sixty years NGC has held a House and Garden Tour™ to raise money to support the Club’s mission and to make a measurable impact on the greater Naples’ community. In 2023 we will be focused on the urgency of an informed environmental stewardship of our water resources. The Grants Program for just this year will look forward to receiving water applications focused on addressing some facet of water issues.
Starting Monday, November 14, 2022 applications will be accepted for the 2023 Grant Period. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on January 13, 2023 and will be awarded during April, 2023. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Naples Garden Club™ grant?
- Directed by Naples Garden Club™ Grant Committee and Board of Directors
- Awarded once a year in April to non-profit (501(c)(3)) organizations
- Allocated for needs between $2,500 to $10,000
- Subject to five- and nine-month review by the Grant Committee
What Projects Qualify?
- Support Naples Garden Club’s™ horticultural and environmental focus on a water-wise component for consideration
- Benefit and/or educate Greater Naples in this area
- Have use for funds for the stated purpose within calendar year of receipt (Extensions may be granted for special circumstances. Requests must be submitted in writing and approved in advance of year-end deadline.)
- Be submitted electronically (attachment to e-mail)
- Be submitted on or before January 13, at 5 p.m.
How Will Projects Be Evaluated?
- Will be reviewed based on the requesting organization’s perceived ability to achieve
- stated project goals and measured results.
- Recipients will agree to provide five- and nine-month project updates in August and December of the grant year, and to return any funds not spent as specified in the grant application.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that include at least one of the following criteria:
- Create innovative programs
- Include matching gifts, collaborations or additional funding
- Include measurable outcomes
What exclusions are there?
- Support political, sectarian or religious programs
- Support endowments or annual fundraising campaigns
- Cover existing obligations, continuing operating support, debt, liabilities or administrative salaries
- Entail continued funding of previous requests
- Require funding before the annual allocation date
- Are for projects that serve only a few people
- Are submitted after the stated deadline
The 2015 Grant Committee Awards Grants Totaling $46,000
The 2015 Grant Committee proudly awarded grants totaling $46,000 to six non-profit organizations at the April 6th Membership Meeting. The following grants, made possible by everyone who supported our 2014 House & Garden Tour, will fund projects that support our...
Naples Garden Club Announces 2014-15 Grant Program
Naples Garden Club is a nonprofit community-oriented charitable and educational organization fostering appreciation of floral design, horticulture and the environment. The Club has a more than 60-year tradition of producing sold-out House & Garden Tours while...
2014 Grant Recipients
At its April 7, 2014, meeting, Naples Garden Club announced $58,000 in grants to Naples area nonprofit organizations. The following grants were made: $20,000 to Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation, the final payment in support of the $100,000 Naples Garden Club...