Naples Garden Club™ Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Naples Garden Club’s Grants Program. Since 1953 we have funded initiatives that support our mission of community wide interest in horticulture, floral design and the environment. Over $1, 500,000 has been distributed to more than 50 non-profit organizations throughout the Greater Naples community. Due to a priority commitment this year the program is on a temporary pause for 2023. Please check back periodically for updates regarding the return of the program in 2024. We look forward to working with you when the grants program resumes. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Donations to the grants program which help us fulfill our mission are gratefully accepted.
What is a Naples Garden Club™ grant?
- Directed by Naples Garden Club™ Grant Committee and Board of Directors
- Awarded once a year in April to non-profit (501(c)(3)) organizations
- Allocated for needs between $2,500 to $10,000
- Subject to five- and nine-month review by the Grant Committee
What Projects Qualify?
- Support Naples Garden Club’s™ horticultural and environmental focus
- Benefit and/or educate Greater Naples in this area
- Have use for funds for the stated purpose within calendar year of receipt (Extensions may be granted for special circumstances. Requests must be submitted in writing and approved in advance of year-end deadline.)
- Be submitted electronically (attachment to e-mail)
- Be submitted on or before January 13, at 5 p.m.
How Will Projects Be Evaluated?
- Will be reviewed based on the requesting organization’s perceived ability to achieve
- stated project goals and measured results.
- Recipients will agree to provide five- and nine-month project updates in August and December of the grant year, and to return any funds not spent as specified in the grant application.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that include at least one of the following criteria:
- Create innovative programs
- Include matching gifts, collaborations or additional funding
- Include measurable outcomes
What exclusions are there?
- Support political, sectarian or religious programs
- Support endowments or annual fundraising campaigns
- Cover existing obligations, continuing operating support, debt, liabilities or administrative salaries
- Entail continued funding of previous requests
- Require funding before the annual allocation date
- Are for projects that serve only a few people
- Are submitted after the stated deadline
giving back to the community
Every year, Naples Garden Club™ gives tens of thousands of dollars back to the community to support projects that support Naples Garden Club™ mission and benefit and/or educate the greater Naples area.
Hannah Hartzler It is a pleasure to be selected the recipient of your fellowship. I am a graduate student at Florida Gulf Coast University in the Master of Science in Environmental Science program. I have completed my first year of the program and this fellowship will...
The Naples Garden Club has awarded the STARability Foundation a $10,000 grant to support a community garden project, a collaborative, multifaceted project among the City of Naples, the River Park Community Center and STARability that centers on revitalizing River...
For over sixty years Naples Garden Club has conducted a House and Garden Tour to raise money to support the Club’s mission and make a measurable impact on the greater Naples’ community. This year, our Board of Directors voted to use our grant money to support 13...