giving back to the community
Every year, Naples Garden Club™ gives tens of thousands of dollars back to the community to support projects that support Naples Garden Club™ mission and benefit and/or educate the greater Naples area.
Naples Garden Club™ Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Naples Garden Club™. For over sixty years NGC has held a House and Garden Tour™ to raise money to support the Club’s mission and to make a measurable impact on the greater Naples’ community. In 2023 we will be focused on the urgency of an informed environmental stewardship of our water resources. The Grants Program for just this year will look forward to receiving water applications focused on addressing some facet of water issues.
Starting Monday, November 14, 2022 applications will be accepted for the 2023 Grant Period. Applications will be accepted until 5 pm on January 13, 2023 and will be awarded during April, 2023. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Naples Garden Club™ grant?
- Directed by Naples Garden Club™ Grant Committee and Board of Directors
- Awarded once a year in April to non-profit (501(c)(3)) organizations
- Allocated for needs between $2,500 to $10,000
- Subject to five- and nine-month review by the Grant Committee
What Projects Qualify?
- Support Naples Garden Club’s™ horticultural and environmental focus on a water-wise component for consideration
- Benefit and/or educate Greater Naples in this area
- Have use for funds for the stated purpose within calendar year of receipt (Extensions may be granted for special circumstances. Requests must be submitted in writing and approved in advance of year-end deadline.)
- Be submitted electronically (attachment to e-mail)
- Be submitted on or before January 13, at 5 p.m.
How Will Projects Be Evaluated?
- Will be reviewed based on the requesting organization’s perceived ability to achieve
- stated project goals and measured results.
- Recipients will agree to provide five- and nine-month project updates in August and December of the grant year, and to return any funds not spent as specified in the grant application.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that include at least one of the following criteria:
- Create innovative programs
- Include matching gifts, collaborations or additional funding
- Include measurable outcomes
What exclusions are there?
- Support political, sectarian or religious programs
- Support endowments or annual fundraising campaigns
- Cover existing obligations, continuing operating support, debt, liabilities or administrative salaries
- Entail continued funding of previous requests
- Require funding before the annual allocation date
- Are for projects that serve only a few people
- Are submitted after the stated deadline
21-22 NGC Fellowship Endowed Fund Scholarship Recipient
Hannah Hartzler It is a pleasure to be selected the recipient of your fellowship. I am a graduate student at Florida Gulf Coast University in the Master of Science in Environmental Science program. I have completed my first year of the program and this fellowship will...
Community Garden Project
The Naples Garden Club has awarded the STARability Foundation a $10,000 grant to support a community garden project, a collaborative, multifaceted project among the City of Naples, the River Park Community Center and STARability that centers on revitalizing River...
2019 – NGC Donates Over $160,000 to Worthy Area Nonprofits
For over sixty years Naples Garden Club has conducted a House and Garden Tour to raise money to support the Club’s mission and make a measurable impact on the greater Naples’ community. This year, our Board of Directors voted to use our grant money to support 13...